[Xymon] [External] Xymon configs

Scott Birl scott.birl at temple.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:37:32 CEST 2020

    From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of Jean Hyppolite
    Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 09:32 AM
    To: xymon at xymon.com
    Subject: [External] [Xymon] Xymon configs

    Hello,

    1. How can I configure a username and password for the administrative section of xymon. Eg. Having a username and password required to enable/disable alerts?
    2. Currently only clientlog, conn,info and trends are showing as monitored for my linux clients. How can I have cpu,memory and disk show in the columns?
    Can you assist

----

[1] Configuring a user/pass for a website is part of the webserver's job, and has nothing to do with Xymon.

[2] Assuming that you have the Xymon client installed on those machines that you wish to monitor, are configured correctly, they should be sending data back.
    One area you can check on your Xymon website is the "Ghost Clients" page ( /xymon-cgi/ghostlist.sh ) to see if the clients are reporting back with a short hostname -vs- FQDN.

HTH