[Xymon] personnal customer access for .... customers :-)

Stephen Carville (xymon list) scarville at lereta.com
Tue Sep 17 16:22:28 CEST 2019

On 9/16/19 10:00 PM, diffusion at bulot-fr.com wrote:
> Lereta Email Checkpoint: External email. Please make sure you trust this source before clicking links or opening attachments.

> Le Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:40:16 -0600,
> Kris Springer <kspringer at innovateteam.com> a écrit :
>
>> I do this by password protecting my page folders with .htaccess and
>> .htpasswd.
>
> It's easy to make and easy to maintain, but about menu how to block ?

The menu is defined using css so I think you might be able to do
something in your .htaccess file to tell the web browser to pick up a
customized css file.  Not sure how to do this though.  A simple Alias like:

  Alias /xymon/menu /var/xymon/server/www/nomenu

will run afoul of the Alias for /xymon in httpd.conf.

It doesn't look like a simple change.

--
Stephen