[External] Re: [Xymon] can I put enadis into debug mode?

Rothlisberger, John R. john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Fri Sep 13 14:32:03 CEST 2019

These are actually set already:

XYMONSERVERWWWNAME="our.domain.com"
XYMONWEBHOST="https://our.domain.com"
XYMONWEBHOSTURL="https://our.domain.com/xymon"

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Japheth Cleaver <cleaver at terabithia.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:45 PM
To: Rothlisberger, John R. <john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com>; rene at vermare.net
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [External] Re: [Xymon] can I put enadis into debug mode?

On 9/12/2019 2:58 PM, Rothlisberger, John R. wrote:

> That worked for debugging - can at least see where the error is coming from:

> 76996 2019-09-12 22:42:29.566819  - checking if referer is OK (http_referer: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__our.domain.com_xymon-2Dseccgi_enadis.sh&d=DwICaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=u6KtIBCRNAeN-AbgJjdZe5zZJVFEfq04dnWD-hYNPL_fxJIIFncbL8W6k0NMJtuq&m=bRahvPMUFYb204VPoQl7be5NB_ddal_nzGb2JBHaABg&s=HpwRnnzanaIWULrjFb04HysWuBn92I2_d7Ms7pmSiK8&e= , http_host: 10.20.30.40, xymonwebhost: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__our.domain.com&d=DwICaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=u6KtIBCRNAeN-AbgJjdZe5zZJVFEfq04dnWD-hYNPL_fxJIIFncbL8W6k0NMJtuq&m=bRahvPMUFYb204VPoQl7be5NB_ddal_nzGb2JBHaABg&s=ik1nvxSgFr0cOhbiWRUQbpQ8u_Vq7hDK4hnkeaMqQsE&e= , checkstr: /xymon-seccgi/enadis

> 76996 2019-09-12 22:42:29.566832 Disallowed request due to unexpected referer 'our.domain.com/xymon-seccgi/enadis.sh', wanted '10.20.30.40/xymon-seccgi/enadis' (originally '/xymon-seccgi/enadis')

> http_host is the IP of the Xymon server - but not the same as the URL used for our system (we have several and use a reverse proxy to get to all of them).

> Without taking too many wild guesses at which setting defines http_host (can't find it in man pages) - how do I change that?

HTTP_HOST is actually going to be set by the client. However the check

can be overridden by setting $XYMONSERVERWWWNAME (technically

$XYMONWEBHOST is what's used) in xymonserver.cfg to what you're

expecting the client to be using.

Depending on current .cfg settings, something may be specifying the

basic IP there.

HTH,

-jc