Trying to install Xymon Client on Fedora Minimum

Jason Chambers Jason.Chambers at geosoft.com
Tue Sep 3 14:36:18 CEST 2019

Hey All,

I'm attempting to install the Xymon Client on a Fedora minimum install. Obviously this means I have to install the dependencies myself since they would not be installed natively. But I'm currently stuck as to why I cannot compile.

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -I/usr/include/tirpc -Wno-pointer-sign -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLINUX -I/home/seequent/xymon-4.3.29/include -DCLIENTONLY=1 -c -o xymon.o xymon.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -I/usr/include/tirpc -Wno-pointer-sign -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLINUX -I/home/seequent/xymon-4.3.29/include -DCLIENTONLY=1 -o ../client/xymon xymon.o ../lib/libxymonclientcomm.a  -ltirpc  ../lib/libxymonclient.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltirpc
make[1]: *** [Makefile:46: ../client/xymon] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/seequent/xymon-4.3.29/common'
make: *** [build/Makefile.rules:96: common-client] Error 2

Funny thing is libtirpc is already installed, it doesn't make sense why it cannot find it.

dnf install libtirpc
Fedora Modular 30 - x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    48 kB/s |  16 kB     00:00
Fedora Modular 30 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          47 kB/s |  16 kB     00:00
Fedora 30 - x86_64 - Updates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 159 kB/s |  16 kB     00:00
Fedora 30 - x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            54 kB/s |  16 kB     00:00
Package libtirpc-1.1.4-2.rc2.fc30.1.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

Is there a different package that I need to install?

Thanks,
JC