[Xymon] Installation Error on Rasperian Buster

stephan.ristow at gmx.net stephan.ristow at gmx.net
Sun Oct 20 16:18:34 CEST 2019

Hello,

I try to install Xymon on a fresh installed raspbian buster system.

Whenever I install it I got the following error massages:

apache2_invoke: Enable configuration xymon

apache2_reload: Your configuration is broken. Not reloading Apache 2

apache2_reload: AH00526: Syntax error on line 96 of
/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/xymon.conf:

apache2_reload: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or
defined by a module not included in the server configuration

apache2_invoke: Enable module cgi

apache2_reload: Your configuration is broken. Not restarting Apache 2

apache2_reload: AH00526: Syntax error on line 96 of
/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/xymon.conf:

apache2_reload: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or
defined by a module not included in the server configuration

apache2_invoke: Enable module rewrite

apache2_invoke xymon: already enabled

mod rewrite is enabled

and the configuration looks good

The line 96 says only

# Rewrite-rules for migrating from the URL's used in Hobbit

RewriteEngine On

Hopefully someone can give me an hint

Stephan