[Xymon] Problem with clientlog, info, cpu, disk, memory

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri Mar 29 10:41:13 CET 2019

Luca

Check that the hosts.cfg entry for the machine doesn't have
"NOCOLUMNS:disk,cpu,memory".

Check the Xymon logs, particularly "xymond.log" and "clientdata.log".

Check the "Ghost Clients" report.

Or, might it be something as simple as a full filesystem, or wrong
permissions perhaps?

Can you provide the output of this command, to show the [df] section of the
client log:

$ xymon 127.1 'clientlog server-name.example.com section=df'

The "[df]" section of the client log is used to generate the cpu status,
and with no status, there's no column.

The client message data goes into xymond from the Xymon agent running on
the client machine, by connecting to the server's xymond process on
TCP/1984. The xymond process then pushes the client data onto the "client"
channel. The xymond_client process subscribes to the channel and so it
receives the client data. If the machine is a Linux machine, xymond_client
then parses the [df] and [top] and [free] sections (for other OS types,
different sections are parsed), and xymond_client creates status messages
for "disk", "cpu" and "memory". It injects these status messages into the
xymond process via TCP/1984, to appear on the Xymon web page. See here for
a reference chart:
http://tools.rebel-it.com.au/Xymon%20-%20the%20Big%20Picture.pdf

Perhaps run the xymond_client process with the "--debug" option, and see if
it indicates that it is getting the data. Also, check the "analysis.cfg"
file, which is used to specify the behaviour of xymond_client, and might
cause it to misbehave.

Cheers
Jeremy