[Xymon] Installation

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Wed Mar 27 15:43:12 CET 2019

On 3/27/19 3:11 AM, Matthew Gregory wrote:

> Hello There
>
> I have just installed Xymon on a Ubuntu Server (Google Compute Cloud)
> but can’t see the home page for xymon, I can see the Apache2 test
> page, is there something I am missing?

Matthew,

You didn't mention HOW you you installed xymon... From a
distribution/repo provided package or hand built.

When I hand build xymon, there is a file that get's dropped into my
apache's "conf.d" folder, xymon-apache.conf.   That folder is used for
optional modules and configurations.

I know Debian and it's derivatives have a similar directory.

On my preferred distributions, anything in that folder is automatically
read at Apache startup time.

Debian (and derivatives) sometimes needs to have the module(s) in that
folder be enabled or activated with a CLI command (a2enmod? I forget)
before apache will use them.

You might google:

     ubuntu apache module enable

For more in-depth information on where to check for the xymon-apache file