[Xymon] xymon installation on red hat 7

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Thu Mar 14 22:16:55 CET 2019

I think the instructions are missing a couple of steps. They should be
something like this:

yum install pcre-devel openssl-devel openldap-devel rrdtool-devel

wget
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/xymon/Xymon/4.3.28/xymon-4.3.28.tar.gz

tar zxf xymon-4.3.28.tar.gz

cd xymon-4.3.28

./configure –server

make && make install

Also, this is for the latest version as of today, 4.3.28, rather than for
the example provided in the directions, which was for v4.3.10. You would
need to adjust the version number on these lines, to get a different (eg
newer) version.

However, I would recommend installing an RPM package rather than building
the source code. https://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon/

Cheers
Jeremy