[Xymon] HPE BL460c Gen9 SNMP tests going clear

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 01:11:25 CET 2019

Hi Jeremy

Looks like I've had similar issues in the past that I'd completely
forgotten about...  I've already got
"$SNMP_Session::default_avoid_negative_request_ids = 1;"
in /usr/share/perl5/SNMP_Session.pm

While multiple servers are affected, they don't always go clear at the same
time.

I've changed the snmpver from 2 to 1 but that didn't improve things.
having tcpdump running in another ssh session, I can see that requests are
being send and responses are being received.  I see no negative requests,
and ofen the Devmon tests go clear even though SNMP data is received.  The
devmon.log file reflects devmon's view, not the reality of the SNMP

I'm thinking about using the baked in Xymon SNMP tests but how would I
translate the Proliant server tests, for example
"compaq-servernohspare/raid"?

Thanks for the pointers

CC