[Xymon] Encrypted Xymon reporting over SSL using stunnel

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 14:50:49 CET 2019

The way Salt Minions authenticate and their keys have to be accepted on the
Salt Master works pretty well.  I don't believe they expire.  It's been a
while since I looked at it, so I couldn't tell you exactly how it works,
but there's some information here:
https://docs.saltstack.com/en/getstarted/system/communication.html
Anyway, that model would probably work pretty well for Xymon, so long as
the reporting client is not ephemeral.

Kind regards,

SebA