[Xymon] http content check fails

Rolf Schrittenlocher schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Jun 17 12:09:46 CEST 2019

Hi to all,

two services for http content check failed suddenly and I cannot find
the reason why. The webpages checked and their content are correct, I
can see them with a browser or wget. "Conn" and "SSL certificate check"
are working correctly.

The messages I see in xymond.chk: Failed to get webpage\n\nAn error
occurred while testing <a href="https://...." .... Failed to get
webpage\n\nContent check failed\n\nNo output received from server

Nothing in log directory of the server. Any ideas how to debug that or
where to look at?

entry in hosts.cfg:

0.0.0.0 <dns name>            # testip HIDEHTTP cont=Portal;https://....

I tried it with the actual IP instead of 0.0.0.0 as well, same result.

Help appreciated,

cheers

Rolf

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

Lokales Bibliothekssystem Frankfurt
Bockenheimer Landstr. 134-138, 60325 Frankfurt
Tel LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Tel persönlich: (49) 69 - 798 28908
LBS: lbs-it at ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Persönlich: schritte at ub.uni-frankfurt.de