[Xymon] IP address

Damien Martins damien at makelofine.org
Thu Jun 13 10:38:07 CEST 2019

Le 13/06/2019 à 10:31, Leon Swanepoel a écrit :
> HI,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> 1. I have changed the ip of the os to a new ip address.
> 2. I was wandering if I need to change the ip somewhere in xymon.
> 3. I need to change the ip address of the client machine to point to the
> new serve rip.
>
> Thank You,
> Leon
>
> On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 10:21 +0200, Damien Martins wrote:
>> Le 13/06/2019 à 10:06, Leon Swanepoel a écrit :
>>> Good day,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to change the ip address of the xymon server? I changed
>>> the ip address and now xymon server is not working any more. Any ideas
>>> anyone? Thank you in advance.
>>>
>>> Thank You,
>>> Leon

>> Hello Leon,
>>

>> Do you mean changing the IP the xymon daemon is listening on ? Or
>> changing the IP on the OS the xymon daemon is running on ? Or changing
>> the destination IP your xymon client are sending reports to ?

Leon:

1 & 2 I guess a simple xymon daemon restart should be enough to have the
daemon listening on the new IP address (depends if it is listening on
0.0.0.0:1984 or specific IP address. You can check this by using netstat
(or "ss" if netstat is not available anymore)

3 On your clients, you have to set the new IP address indeed. The place
to perform the change depends on your OS. On Debian/Ubuntu, if you use
the official package, you may check /etc/default/xymon-client file. For
other OS or installation mode, I don't know. Anyway, you can look for
this variable : XYMONSERVERS

if this is pointing to your old IP address, change it to the new one ;)