[Xymon] System clock is 153 seconds off

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 05:37:37 CEST 2019

The client assembled the client data message by running a bunch of commands
and saving the output to a file.  The last few lines written are the
client's current clock time.  That file is then shipped out to the Xymon
server.  On the server side, the client clock time is compared to the
server time to see if it drifted.  If, for whatever reason, that client
message is delayed, you'll get exactly the effect you're seeing.  Once the
client clock time is written to the file, it doesn't change, regardless of
how long it takes to deliver the message to the server.

Ralph Mitchell