[Xymon] Unable to sync content from terabithia.org

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri Jun 7 12:03:22 CEST 2019

Colin

Error 502 is "Bad Gateway" meaning a proxy had trouble connecting to an
upstream device. This could be a fault on the BlueCoat, or it could be a
fault on a reverse proxy at the remote site, if Terabithia uses reverse
proxies. I don't think it's your Squid proxy. But perhaps try running
wget/curl on your squid proxy and setting https_proxy to 192.168.0.10. If
the problem persists, this will not only rule out the Squid proxy, but the
web page returned may give more detail about the cause. As it's related to
https vs http, I'm guessing the BlueCoat is having a problem with
Terabithia's certificate.

Also, try running wget on your content mirror to fetch something via https
known to be working like https://www.google.com/.

Cheers
Jeremy