[Xymon] holidays.cfg and "Black Friday"

Robert Herron robert.herron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 23:03:28 CEST 2019

We have the day after [US] Thanksgiving (aka Black Friday) off.  I'm trying
to add the day after to the holidays.cfg file but have a problem.  Thanksgiving
is always the 4th Thursday of the month. The day after varies depending on
first day of the month.  It's 5th Friday this year but was the 4th Friday
last and next years.

It's defined as "Day after Thanksgiving:type=+fri month=11 day=23" which
works for this year.  I haven't tried testing this for last or next years
as I don't know how to.

Is there a better way to do this?

Also, could you please point me in the right direction to testing this.

Thanks,
--Robert