[Xymon] E-Mail alert on conn ok xymon 4.3.28

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Mon Jul 1 02:02:04 CEST 2019

Hi Steffen,

First, try this test: xymond_alert --test hostname  conn --color=green

In other words there may be a syntax error in your alerts.cfg. Another issue may be more than one input being sent to xymon, one saying it is green, the other red. You should be able to see this in the history for the problematic host.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I have 2 devices on xymon (version 4.3.28) alerting is driving me crazy.

I get a lot of e-mail alerts on service conn even though the service conn is ok:

Xymon [567211] gate……:conn CRITICAL (RED)

green  Wed Jun 26 07:16:54 2019 conn ok

Service conn on gate….. is OK (up)

&green 87.139.xx.xx is alive (0.95 ms)

I can’t see any differences on the configuration to other devices alerting works normal.
Could this be related to a bug? But if there is a bug, why only on this 2 devices.

Please help.

--

Diese E-Mail wurde vom Sophos Security Gateway auf gefährliche Inhalte geprüft! http://www.sophos.com<http://www.sophos.com>