[Xymon] Advanced xymondboard query

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 19:52:00 CET 2019

xymondboard is meant for getting summary information suitable for a custom
dashboard.  Performance data is not summary information.  To extract data
from Xymon it needs to be logged to Xymon in the first place.  Services
tend to have different ways of extracting performance data (when there is a
way), so yes, it is pretty much dependent on each service.  However, a lot
of services are network server services, so a tcp query may be able to make
the service do some work, and the time to respond to that query may infer
how quickly the service is able to respond to other queries.  TCP response
times are in the rrd files available on the trends status page.  But every
service is different, so you are best off checking what is available, or
can be built into, or can be monitored via an add-on script, for the
specific services you are hoping to see performance data for.  If you can
add features to the service (you have the source code), you could make it
write ncv to a text file and get those sent to Xymon, or send the data
directly from the service.  Ref:
http://xymon.sourceforge.net/xymon/help/howtograph.html

Kind regards,

SebA