[Xymon] RRD Files Growing Large

Eliza Danyi danyiem at vcu.edu
Tue Jan 29 21:47:51 CET 2019

Hi all,

We are running Xymon 4.3.28-1.el7.terabithia on CentOS 7.6 and I've noticed
that the .rrd files in /var/lib/xymon/rrd/servername/ are getting quite
large, some up to 30MB per host. I was wondering if this is normal
behavior? I've read several
<https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2018-July/045645.html> threads
<https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2017-November/045052.html> indicating that
these files are not really supposed to grow and should be quite small. Any
thoughts about why this might be happening?

The rrddefinitions.cfg is still the default if that matters.

Thanks,
*Eliza Danyi*
E-mail: danyiem at vcu.edu

*Don't be a phishing victim -- VCU and other reputable organizations will
security number or confidential personal information.  For more details,
visit **https://ts.vcu.edu/about-us/information-security/common-questions/what-is-phishing/
<https://ts.vcu.edu/about-us/information-security/common-questions/what-is-phishing/>
*