[Xymon] Latest Version

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Jan 24 21:53:03 CET 2019

On 1/24/2019 12:16 PM, Bob Gordon wrote:
> Hello -
>
> In looking at sourceforge it is looking like the latest version of
> Xymon is 4.3.28 released about 2 years ago. Is there a newer version
> available?  I am seeing something mentioned on the main sourceforge
> page about v4.4 in 2017.

Hi,

Much of the drive for 4.4 came from IPv6 integration, but there seems to
have been less of a demand within the community than might have been
expected. Performance impacts from networking refactoring also need to
be ameliorated in 4.4 before proceeding

> Also, the company that I work for is open to using it however they
> want a company to provide support for it. Anyone know of such a place?
> ( I have let them know that it’s mainly supported via this mailing list. )

There have been various consultants providing paid support for Xymon
over the years, however I don't believe there is an extant directory. It
might make sense to have a page on Xymonton set for that purpose.

Regards,
-jc