[Xymon] Configuring the debian xymon client

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 16 23:44:13 CET 2019

With my inability to make the client work in 'local-mode' (see my note
to the list of Jan 3), I'm trying to make it work in its default mode.

With apt-get, I've installed the xymon-client package on raspbian. I
have it running and reporting into my xymon server. The server is
displaying test results. My first difficulty is it is doing _way_ more
than I want it to.

I'm getting green for:
  clientlog
  cpu
  disk
  inode
  memory
  msgs
  procs
and clear for
  files
  ports

I don't want all that stuff! All I want is disk, memory, and _maybe_
msgs. The other stuff has got to go. I don't want it pumped across the
network, and I don't even want it collected.

How do I trim this client's behavior down to size?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska