[Xymon] Own RRD graph

Michael T Pins mtpins at nndev.org
Tue Apr 23 17:42:11 CEST 2019

jonas.hultstrom writes:

>I try to create a custom graph in xymon.
>I have  process which returns lines like:
>server1: 8 processes
>.
>serverX: 4 processes

>There are different numbers of line for different hosts.
>I want to have these numbers in a graph, so firstly I defined in xymonserve=
>r.cfg:
>TEST2RRD=3D..., sapprocs=3Dncv"
>SPLITNCV_sapprocs=3D"server:GAUGE"

I assume the "=3D" is something coming from your mail reader.  It should
obviously be "=", not "=3D".

The problem is that you are sending "server1", "server2", etc. but you are
telling RRD to only import "server" as type GAUGE, which means everything
else is type DERIVE.  What you actually want is:

SPLITNCV_sapprocs="*:GAUGE"

Which will store all datasets from sapprocs as type GAUGE.
See the xymond_rrd manpage for details.