[Xymon] IPv6 debugging on xymon 4.4 (was Re: Roadmap/GitHub?/IPv6)

Christian Herzog herzog at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 18 09:58:29 CEST 2019

> Do you think you might be able to test a snapshot of
> https://sourceforge.net/p/xymon/code/HEAD/tarball?path=/trunk ? That would
> help isolate issues against the latest in that tree.
I had all sorts of problems getting this compiled, and it's not running well
either: conn/ping is missing, most hosts don't show any tests and I get
multiple errors in the logs:
- Task xymond terminated by signal 6
- Whoops ! Failed to send message (Connection failed)
- Cannot load hosts.cfg from xymond, code 5
- Failed to load from xymond, reverting to file-load
- Failed to get a message, terminating
etc

> And for either of these releases, it might be helpful to test xymonnet2 as a
> poller speaking to a 4.x copy of xymond. In theory, they should be
> compatible enough to interoperate.
the point here is that only the 2013 tarball and r8050 have xymonnet2, while
r8048 does not. In 2013 it seems to be working fine, in r8050 it's not (see
above).

-d