[Xymon] clientconfig.cfg - local configuration check definitions

Beck, Zak zak.beck at accenture.com
Fri Apr 12 15:10:54 CEST 2019

Hi

XymonPSClient uses the standard configuration, so have you tried the Xymon help pages: https://www.xymon.com/help/xymon-config.html

In particular: https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/analysis.cfg.5.html

Zak

-----Original Message-----
From: Storer, Raymond <storerr at nibco.com>
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2019 13:53
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [External] clientconfig.cfg - local configuration check definitions

Zak (or anyone else who knows),

If I want to configure a Windows server running the XymonPSClient using the clientconfig.cfg file, where can I find documentation on how to configure each of the checks?

In particular, I'd like to run checks on services (SVCS), processes (PROCS) and files (FILES).

If you have examples, I would appreciate seeing them.

I understand I have to configure alerting on the Xymon server. If you feel strongly about client configuration belonging on the Xymon server, feel free to point me at documentation for that too.

Thanks.

Ray Storer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this message.