[Xymon] IPv6 debugging on xymon 4.4 (was Re: Roadmap/GitHub?/IPv6)

Christian Herzog daduke at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 11 10:45:54 CEST 2019

ok I'll answer in reverse order...

- compiled and tested r8048
- same issue: conn is red for IPv6-only hosts
- fping: there wasn't any :)   I now installed fping 4.2 (buster). no
change.
- in xymonserver.cfg I have FPING="xymonping" - is that correct? seems
to be the default
- xymonnet --debug log is here:
https://people.phys.ethz.ch/~daduke/xymonnet-log
- most interesting line might be DNS lookup failed for ipv6.daduke.org -
status DNS server returned answer with no data (1), but 'host
ipv6.daduke.org' works and 3 lines later xymonnet says Adding tcp test
IP=2a01:4f8:162:464::113

thanks,
-Christian