[Xymon] xymonnet blocking

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Thu Sep 20 02:35:25 CEST 2018

We've had a similar problem with another service. Looking at the xymonnet man page, there doesn't appear to be a general timeout (http, yes, but not generally). I use an expect script (as an external test) where I can spawn a process (in this case the ldap call). I set a timeout in expect, so if the spawned connection hangs, the timeout triggers and terminates the connection.