[Xymon] XymonD --merge-clientlocal issues

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:21:03 CEST 2018

>From the client-local.cfg man page:

*FILE FORMATThe  file is divided into sections, delimited by "[name]"
lines.  A section name can be either an operating system identifier -
linux, solaris, hp-ux, aix, freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, darwin - a class, or
a hostname. When deciding which section to send to a client, Xymon will
first  look for  a section named after the hostname of the client; if such
a section does not exist, it will look for a section named by the operating
system of the client. So you can configure special configurations for
individual hosts, and have a default configuration for all other hosts of a
certain type.It will often be practical to use regular expressions for
hostnames.  To do this you must use*

*           [host=<expression>]*

*where <expression> is a Perl-compatible regular expression. The same kind
of matching can be done on operating system or host class, using
[os=<expresssion>]           [class=<expression>]Apart from the section
delimiter, the file format is free-form, or rather it is defined by the
tools that make use of the configuration.*

I just went through this recently so it was fresh in my mind :-).

=G=