[Xymon] XymonD --merge-clientlocal issues

Timothy Williams tlwilliams4 at vcu.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:40:07 CEST 2018

We have set up a new 4.3.28 xymon server, and will be migrating hosts to it
in the next few weeks. On it I would like to start to use the
--merge-clientlocal command. In testing, Windows powershell clients pick up
either the individual host section OR the powershell section, it does not
merge. Are there subtleties not in the man-pages that people have found to
get it to work? (note that the xymond man-page states to use
--merge-clientconfig, but that doesn't work either)

Could it be the section/host headings, or order? I have:

[server1]
file:somefile

[server2]
file:different file

[os=powershell] (also tried [class=powershell] and [powershell] alone)
xymonlogsend
clientversion:2.28:http://url

Thanks,
Tim Williams