[Xymon] odd "failure" for file exists

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Oct 15 21:47:18 CEST 2018

I do this, but just go yellow, because that’s what we need.

client-local.cfg:file:`ls /core.*`
analysis.cfg:        FILE         %^/core.* YELLOW NOEXIST

From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of Galen Johnson
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 2:34 PM
To: xymon >> xymon at xymon.com <xymon at xymon.com>
Subject: [Xymon] odd "failure" for file exists

Ok...this is weird.  I have Xymon triggering when a file (coredump) exists but it only turns red when a new file shows up...it should remain red until the files are cleaned up.  After the next update cycle it goes green yet the page shows that it sees the files.  Any thoughts on this behavior?  I have another "file exists" test that is behaving as expected (at least I think it is).

thanks

=G=
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.