[Xymon] interacting with a modern browser for monitoring

Martin Lenko lenko99 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:09:19 CEST 2018

Hi,
Have a look at phantomjs. I used it in the past to script interaction with a website - login, navigate to a tab, evaluate whether certain html element was present ( an element generated by javascript).

An example of login here: http://code-epicenter.com/how-to-login-amazon-using-phantomjs-working-example/

You can set it to return different exit codes and have a bash script wrapper to call phantomjs and send status messages to xymon server.

Martin