client change of IP...

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 13:26:14 CEST 2018

xymon 4.3.28
learned something new today!

We have a xymon client  - lets call it FRED.  FRED has its IP changed and so hosts.cfg is updated with the new IP.

BUT
the xymon conn test continues to use the previous IP to ping against.
It seems (my learning point!) that the conn test does NOT use the contents of hosts.cfg...  but the dns resolution for the hostname (or at least primarily).

Only when the DNS was updated did xymon then use the new IP for the conn test.

Who knew?  (Well, not me bit I expect all you probably did!  LOL)
didds