[Xymon] Xymon not showing up hosts in the html web page

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Nov 12 19:49:42 CET 2018

The only thing you have in here is chas-mon01.

Did you put the other hosts in ./cha/hosts.cfg?

From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of Gregoire, William
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 12:38 PM
To: Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Xymon not showing up hosts in the html web page

For the instalation i dont know the difference between package and compiling it. But i just downloade dit from sourceforge, extracted the zip file, and i ran the ‘’./configure’’ command, after that i did ‘’sudo make’’ , then ‘sudo make install’’.

Here is my host.cfg from /etc/xymon/hosts.cfg

#
# Master configuration file for Xymon
#
# This file defines several things:
#
# 1) By adding hosts to this file, you define hosts that are monitored by Xymon
# 2) By adding "page", "subpage", "group" definitions, you define the layout
#    of the Xymon webpages, and how hosts are divided among the various webpages
#    that Xymon generates.
# 3) Several other definitions can be done for each host, see the hosts.cfg(5)
#    man-page.
#
# You need to define at least the Xymon server itself here.

#0.0.0.0        .default.       # NOPROPRED:+apt,+libs

#group Servers
127.0.0.1       chas-mon01      # bbd http://chas-mon01/

#group Dialup
#0.0.0.0        notebook.bla.net # noconn dialup

#chapais
include ./cha/hosts.cfg

In case you want to see the other file, here it is, for the /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/hosts.cfg

#
# Master configuration file for Xymon
#
# This file defines several things:
#
# 1) By adding hosts to this file, you define hosts that are monitored by Xymon
# 2) By adding "page", "subpage", "group" definitions, you define the layout
#    of the Xymon webpages, and how hosts are divided among the various webpages
#    that Xymon generates.
# 3) Several other definitions can be done for each host, see the hosts.cfg(5)
#    man-page.
#
# You need to define at least the Xymon server itself here.

127.0.0.1   chas-mon01      # bbd http://chas-mon01/

include /etc/xymon/hosts.cfg

I did a reboot of the server, and now for some reason, the xymon is showing my server twice on the monitoring ? You can see the attached file.