[Xymon] acknowledgements does not survive xymon restart

Norbert Kriegenburg norbert.kriegenburg at de.ibm.com
Fri Nov 2 16:27:34 CET 2018

Tom,

checked the links, and it looked like a similar problem at first sight, but
does not describe my issue.
My env is quite different:

- my xymon runs in the xymon user homedir /home/xymon/server (freshly
compiled from source with configure and make)
- i have the correct xymond.chk and alert.chk in my $XYMONTMP
(/home/xymon/server/tmp), which are still present after i stopped xymon
- the settings in tasks.cfg for xymond and alert are correct (otherwise the
chk files wouldn't be updated regularly)

I have another Xymon installation (much smaller, but same design and
version), where i verified this behaviour.
So seems not related to the number of servers or the size of the chk files.

My tasks.cfg settings:

[xymond]
        ENVFILE /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        CMD xymond --pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.pid \
                --restart=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk \
                --checkpoint-file=$XYMONTMP/xymond.chk \
                --checkpoint-interval=600 \
                --log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond.log \
                --admin-senders=127.0.0.1,$XYMONSERVERIP \
                --ack-each-color \
                --ghosts=match

[alert]
        ENVFILE /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        NEEDS xymond
        CMD xymond_channel \
                           --channel=page  \
                           --log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/alert.log xymond_alert \
                           --checkpoint-file=$XYMONTMP/alert.chk \
                           --checkpoint-interval=600

Norbert