[Xymon] acknowledgements does not survive xymon restart

Norbert Kriegenburg norbert.kriegenburg at de.ibm.com
Fri Nov 2 12:43:45 CET 2018

Hi Thomas,

thx for your suggestions, but unfortunately this did not catch the issue.
The restart runs without messages, nothing suspicious in the logs.
But after restart and after some minutes all acks are gone.
Also the ack table on bottom of the nongreen page is empty.

My alert.chk file is always up-to-date, a SIGUSR1 does not change anything.
But it is quite large (5,1MB) currently due to the lot of alerts (my access
to one of the DMZ is blocked creating a lot of conn/ssh/rdp alerts).

I wrote a script to mass-ack such alerts, otherwise the noise would be
unmanageable.
This acks all the red conns/ssh/rdp for this DMZ, and i can see the acks in
the nongreen page.
Until next restart...

Btw: In difference what Erik wrote: at least new CLASS settings in
analysis.cfg need a xymon.sh restart to take effect (just checked).

Norbert