[Xymon] CLASS question

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu May 31 18:18:50 CEST 2018

On 5/31/2018 4:32 AM, Rothlisberger, John R. wrote:
> Can a client belong to more than 1 class (defined in the hosts.cfg file)?
>
> CLASS=db,clientA,windows,etc

Since the man file is pretty good about identifying tags which accept
multiple values:
   NOCOLUMNS:column[,column]
and CLASS is documented as accepting only a single value
   CLASS:Classname
and there is no mention in the text it can accept multiple values
and there is a mention in the text that values defined in hosts.cfg
override that reported by the client (not appended)

> I am guessing the answer is no but figured I would ask.

I'm gonna agree with ya'.

Gotta admit, though, the 'CLASS' attribute has never scratched an itch I
have. What business problem does it solve for anyone else? I'm not
trying to pick a fight. I just can't see its value and have never
defined one.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration