[Xymon] terabithia rpms and ntp

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:51:51 CEST 2018

I was installing a server in AWS to try to get evidence for my network
folks that the flapping I'm seeing on some of my networks tests is not in
the AWS network (it's not just based on the last day's monitoring).   I've
not had an issue with the switch aside from Xymon.  I was referring to
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/keeping-time-with-amazon-time-sync-service/
when I set up the ansible plays many moons ago,  While I could make an
exception for the Xymon server, I was surprised that xymon was removed when
ntp was removed.  Since ntp is supposedly optional, just seemed a bit harsh.

=G=