[Xymon] terabithia rpms and ntp

Galen Johnson solitaryr at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:33:02 CEST 2018

Hey JC,

I just had an unfortunate issue when I switched my systems to chronyd.
Because the Terabithia server RPMs have a hard dependency on the NTP
packages, when I removed ntp to replace it with chrony...the Xymon server
was uninstalled.  Fortunately, this wasn't a critical system but since
chrony is an alternate time daemon, it would have been nice if the RPMs
didn't require ntp...or we could figure out a better way to install it
without --no-deps.  According to the xymonserver.cfg, ntp is supposed to be
optional.

Any thoughts on how to best deal with this?

thanks

=G=