[Xymon] alert on a TREND graph

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Fri May 11 01:48:28 CEST 2018

Nicole

On 9 May 2018 at 01:20, Nicole Beck <nskyrca at syr.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Xymon configured to show the Apache TRENDS graphs.  I’ve been asked
> to alert for the “Apache workers” if it reaches a certain threshold.  Is
> this possible?

 Yes it's possible. In analysis.cfg you can specify a "status override" to
adjust any existing status colour according to the value of any dataset in
any RRD file. In your case, you could override the "http" status (assuming
you're performing HTTP network tests) when the number of busy workers
exceeds your threshold. Something like this:

HOST=myapacheserver.example.com
    DS http apache.rrd:BW >20 COLOR=yellow TEXT="&V busy workers is greater
than &U"
    DS http apache.rrd:BW >30 COLOR=red TEXT="&V busy workers is greater
than &U"

Refer to the man page for analysis.cfg for more information.