[Xymon] xymon communications program (server/bin/xymon) reading from stdin - first line only?

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Fri Mar 30 19:17:03 CEST 2018

It's backward of that: the string in the command line worked (I didn't have to double-quote it because I wasn't running xymon from the shell, but from a Unix "system" call, via perl). When I tried the same string being fed via STDIN (passing - in the command line), it got processed up to the first newline. I also tried the --merge parameter (sending the first line in the commandline and the rest via stdin), but that errored out.

It's not a big problem - I just reverted to using the command line. Only rarely there is so much data that it exceeds the command line limits. Actually this was the first time i saw this happen, in years.