[Xymon] Project: Xymon dashboard

Christian Herzog daduke at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Jun 26 17:52:19 CEST 2018

Hi Galen,

thanks for your feedback!

> 1) after you get your first message, prio1, 2, 3 show back up and I
> cannot see any way to make them go away again.
I'm not sure I understand. You mean the columns prio* are there? You can
hide empty columns in the settings.

> 2) when you "marl as seen" everything from that point on shows up as
> seen...even new events
that's very hard to imagine since this button stores a list of test IDs
in a cookie - how can it guess future IDs? If you want, you can take a
look at the cookie and see what's in there..

> 3) Acknowledge doesn't seem to work
did you check that xymon-ack works? The JS is just calling that. The
xymon-ack header also tells you how to try from the command line.

> 4) when you hover over multiple events, only the content from the last
> event is shown (for all events)
you mean you get several tooltips? You should only see one at a time

> 5) I see no way to unmark as seen
nope, wanna file a feature request?

> 6) once seen, you can no longer select it to see the info.
the host info? "works for me" of course, 'seen' really only adds a CSS
class, so this shouldn't have any influence on the link

> 7) the info page target really should be to "_blank"
I've been thinking about this but wasn't convinced. Your vote has been
recorded!

> I haven't dug into the code to see what/why but wanted to share what
> I've seen so far so others can corroborate or let me know "it's just you".
I'd appreciate any insight since some of your issues I cannot even imagine..

thanks,
-Christian