[Xymon] EXTIME/TIME syntax

James Louis jglouisjr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:53:06 CEST 2018

Lynn,

I've not seen an EXTIME but TIME conforms to the NKTIMES formatting listed
in hosts.cfg:

NKTIME=day:starttime:endtime[,day:starttime:endtime]
              This tag limits the time when an active alert is presented on
the NK web page.

              By  default,  tests with a red or yellow status that are
listed in the "NK:testname" tag
              will appear on the NK page. However, you may not want the
test to be  shown  outside  of
              normal working hours - if, for example, the host is not being
serviced during week-ends.

              You  can then use the NKTIME tag to define the time periods
where the alert will show up
              on the NK page.

              The time specification consists of

              day-of-week: W means Mon-Fri ("weekdays"), * means all days,
0 .. 6 = Sunday  ..  Satur‐
              day.   Listing  multiple days is possible, e.g. "60" is valid
meaning "Saturday and Sun‐
              day".

              starttime: Time to start showing errors,  must  be  in
24-hour  clock  format  as  HHMM
              hours/minutes.  E.g. for 8 am enter "0800", for 9.30 pm enter
"2130"

              endtime: Time to stop showing errors.

              If  necessary,  multiple  periods  can be specified. E.g. to
monitor a site 24x7, except
              between noon and 1 pm, use NKTIME=*:0000:1159,*:1300:2359

              The interval between start time and end time may cross
midnight, e.g. *:2330:0200  would
              be valid and have the same effect as *:2330:2400,*:0000:0200.

Jim

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 10:12 AM, Lynn Osburn <losburn at thepinnaclegroup.com>
wrote:

> Attempting to prevent “false” cpu alarms during overnight processing, I
> have included a line in analysis.cfg thus:
>
>     LOAD 4.0 6.0 HOST=blueteam EXTIME=W:2200:0400
>

> However, alarms continue to be generated during the “excluded” hours.
>

> Has anyone else had any difficulty with either TIME or EXTIME entries?
>

> Thanks!

“It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no
God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

~ Thomas Jefferson