[Xymon] Migrating Hobbit to xymon

Frank M. Ramaekers FRamaekers at ailife.com
Tue Jul 24 13:31:49 CEST 2018

Thanks!

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

From: Phil Crooker [mailto:Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 7:21 PM
To: Frank M. Ramaekers; 'Hobbit ListServ (Mailing List) (xymon at xymon.com)'
Subject: Re: Migrating Hobbit to xymon

In a nutshell, I normally set up the same xymon UID and groups on both servers, tar the relevant directories, untar them on the new server, check I've got all files (e.g. initd/systemd files, ext script dependencies, etc), temporarily change the xymonserver IP address in the new server config and start xymon. If it works OK, I take another copy of the old server's xymon var stuff to bring the new server up to date, then change the IP address of the old server to something else, then change the IP address of the new server to the old one, change the xymonserver address in the config back and start again. If things break, you can always revert to the old server.

If the new server is using systemd and the old is on initd you'll need to sort that out separately, of course.