[Xymon] critical.cfg format

Rothlisberger, John R. john.r.rothlisberger at accenture.com
Mon Feb 26 17:32:34 CET 2018

After many years of using Xymon I am taking a look at using critical.cfg to make things easier to read (as opposed to the all-nongreen screen).

But, I am having trouble getting things to work when I want to use multiple templates for servers.

Here is what works (multiple tests):
Servername1|disk||||1|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
Servername1|svcs||||2|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
Servername1|msgs||||3|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>

This also works:
Servername1|=TEMPLATE1
TEMPLATE1|disk||||1|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>

Does not work:
Servername1|=TEMPLATE1
servername1|=TEMPLATE2
servername1|=TEMPLATE3
TEMPLATE1|disk||||1|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
TEMPLATE2|svcs||||2|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
TEMPLATE3|msgs||||3|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>

Also does not work:
Servername1|=TEMPLATE1,TEMPLATE2,TEMPLATE3
TEMPLATE1|disk||||1|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
TEMPLATE2|svcs||||2|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>
TEMPLATE3|msgs||||3|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>

Also does not work:
Servername1|=TEMPLATE1
TEMPLATE1|disk,svcs,msgs||||1|Resolver Group|Instructions|<modified by>

I have tried multiple combinations using spaces, commas, colons - nothing seems to work.
I have tried adding doing cloning via the edit critical systems but that doesn't help either.

Can I use regular expressions in critical.cfg to match multiple server names such as Servername*?
Thanks,
John
Upcoming PTO:
John Rothlisberger
IT Strategy, Infrastructure & Security - Technology Growth Platform
TGP for Business Process Outsourcing
Accenture
312.693.3136 office