[Xymon] xymon client host name not including domain name in systemd scripts

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:54:11 CET 2018

FYI, my experience with RHEL5 was, if the /etc/hosts file had the
short-form host name first, that's what the Xymon client used.  Switching
it around to put the FQDN name first fixed it.  Didn't need to modify the
Xymon script at all.  Kinda ridiculous, I know...

i.e.  This checked in to Xymon as "server"
     10.12.34.56    server   server.domain.com

And this checked in as "server.domain.com"

     10.12.34.56   server.domain.com   server

Dunno if the same thing happens in SuSE, though.

Ralph Mitchell