[Xymon] adding a custom test in linux client

Alessandro Tinivelli Alessandro.Tinivelli at faacgroup.com
Fri Dec 28 18:15:36 CET 2018

Good day,

i was trying to monitor some "health data" of a SAP server running on linux. In particular to monitor some output from the dpmon sap utility.

I run (every 4 minutes) in crontab a script that writes interesting metrics in a file: /tmp/dia.txt  (it was too difficult to run dpmon utility with xymon user)
Then I added in clientlaunch.cfg these lines

[dia]
        ENVFILE $XYMONCLIENTHOME/etc/xymonclient.cfg
        CMD $XYMONCLIENTHOME/bin/dia.sh
        LOGFILE $XYMONCLIENTLOGS/dia.log
        INTERVAL 5m

It seems that it runs, because dia.log has this content

Fri Dec 28 17:52:01 CET 2018
DialogProcessesRunning:0
DialogProcessesAvailable:20
Fri Dec 28 17:56:01 CET 2018
DialogProcessesRunning:0
DialogProcessesAvailable:20
Fri Dec 28 18:00:01 CET 2018
DialogProcessesRunning:0
DialogProcessesAvailable:20

It's not clear for me how to let these info appear in xymon web page.
If I look at the clientlog from the xymon web page I don'see these data I'm trying to send from the client.

What's missing? Something on client side or both sides?

Thanks!

Alessandro Tinivelli