Any luck monitoring the size of directories in Windows?

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Wed Dec 12 15:53:31 CET 2018

This is something that used to work, but I haven’t been able to make it work anymore.

I’m running xymon server 4.3.8

I want to flag if the directory d:\tsiback\today becomes too small or too large.

I have, in analysis.cfg:

DIR "%.*tsiback.today$" red size>5000000 size<50000000 TRACK

Notice I have to use a regexp, because the backslash messes things up.

It’s working somewhat, because I see a graph of the directory’s size on the server (the “track” is working). But the current data is

[dir:D:\tsiback\today]
558831 D:\tsiback\today

558831 is clearly not larger than 5000000, but the status is still green.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks,

glauber