[Xymon] skip http check

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Aug 13 18:08:49 CEST 2018

There is no test built into xymon to monitor only the certificate.
I'm using a script taken (and modified) from deadcat.net (long gone).
script rips through the hosts file looking for ssl[:port] tags on hosts.
It then makes an openssl s_client call to grab the cert, parse, and
evaluate the results.

I hesitate to share a copy of my script here, as it runs on Solaris, is
ancient, and uses a whole bunch of crudgy Big Brother references.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska