[Xymon] http timeout

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 05:29:44 CEST 2018

You can set server-wide network test timeouts in server/etc/tasks.cfg.
Find the [xymonnet] entry, alter the CMD line according to the man page:

     [xymonnet]
        CMD xymonnet --report --ping --checkresponse  --timeout=10

>From the man page:
       --timeout=N
              Determines  the  timeout  (in seconds) for each service that
is tested. For
              TCP tests (those from XYMONNETSVCS), if the connection to the
service  does
              not  succeed  within  N seconds, the service is reported as
being down. For
              HTTP tests, this is the absolute limit for the entire request
to  the  web‐
              server  (the  time  needed to connect to the server, plus the
time it takes
              the server to respond to the request).  Default: 10 seconds

Ralph Mitchell