Mailing list outage

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 10 22:44:50 CEST 2018

Hi,

my apologies for the mailing list being out of order. It seems that
mailman crashed on April 1st (no, not an April Fools joke) and that
caused messages for the mailing list to just go into a queue without
being processed.

By virtue of Mr Murphy this coincided with my being almost offline due
to travel and holidays.

My Xymon process monitoring should have alerted me to this, but
apparently one of the Xymon extensions runs a command containing the
word "mailman", so it didn't spot that this process was missing :-( I'll
do some fine-tuning on the procs check.