[Xymon] Monitoring two environments to one active xymon server

Chris Pretorius chrisp at lightstoneauto.co.za
Mon Apr 9 16:21:48 CEST 2018

Good day

I have two environment at different locations.
Location A is production and location B is our fail over site.
There is a dedicated link between sites that is used to keep our SANs and Mysql databases at location B in sync with production.

Location B only has some active servers running, when we fail over the rest of the servers will be started from the NAS which is replicated frol prduction
The databases use mysql replication which is working great, they are active at the failover site and I need to monitor them.

What I tried was to add a interface on the xymon server on the replication network. Added a IP on the xymonserver.cfs (XYMONSERVERIP="xymon_prod_ip  IP_on_replication_network"

This seemed to work well and I could monitor the 3 DBs at the failover site.

The problem I found was that all the graphs for all the services (prod and the 3 replicated DB server) started showing gaps in the graphs.
History show no downtime or service interuptions.
When I removed the second IP in XYMONSERVERIP=, the graphs for all the services now record correctly.

Please advise what other ways I can try to monitor the 3 DBs at the failover site.

Kind regards

[https://lsc-assets.scdn1.secure.raxcdn.com/lssig/AUTOlogoW.png]

Chris Pretorius

[https://lsc-assets.scdn1.secure.raxcdn.com/lssig/phone.png]

0872367740

[https://lsc-assets.scdn1.secure.raxcdn.com/lssig/email.png]

chrisp at lightstone.co.za<mailto:chrisp at lightstone.co.za>

[https://lsc-assets.scdn1.secure.raxcdn.com/lssig/web.png]

www.signio.co.za<http://www.signio.co.za>

[https://lsc-assets.scdn1.secure.raxcdn.com/lssig/address.png]

Centurion Square, 3rd Floor, cnr Heuwel and Gordon Hood rd, Centurion

This communication is subject to Lightstone's email disclaimer<http://www.lightstone.co.za/portal/content/email-disclaimer.aspx>