[Xymon] First time installed, and set up xymon, failed, NEED helps please.

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Sep 27 23:14:02 CEST 2017

I missed some of this thread, but don’t I remember that this is CentOS 6?

In that case, you should just put the xymon-apache.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d

Otherwise, if that’s not possible, for this error, this sounds like root can’t get to th /home/xymon/server/etc directory, or that file. Permissions, possibly selinux? Are you running selinux?

From: Kern Doe [mailto:kern_doe at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:07 PM
To: Stephen Carville; xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] First time installed, and set up xymon, failed, NEED helps please.

OK, I put it at the end of httpd.conf file, still failed:
Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 1137 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Could not open configuration file /home/xymon/server/etc/xymon-apache.conf: Permission denied
                                                           [FAILED]

I put a copy of xymon-apache.conf in /tmp, it also failed me:
Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 1137 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Could not open configuration file /tmp/xymon-apache.conf: Permission denied
                                                           [FAILED]

Let's go Green
This email contains 100% recycled electrons.